"We've been using Tempo for a few weeks and, already, it has started to save us time and stress. It is doing a lot of the complex staff work plans, time-off, entitlements , overtime and TOIL calculations for us. This is already saving us many hours per week."
"We have only begun to tap the potential of Tempo. We've been using Tempo for a few weeks and, already, it has started to save us time and stress. It is doing a lot of the complex staff work plans, time-off, entitlements , overtime and TOIL calculations for us. This is already saving us many hours per week."
Enabling Transformation in Primary Care with a time-saving, digital-first approach
Supporting operational managers
Optimising capacity to help deliver the best quality healthcare
Enabling a digital-first approach to population health management
Connecting managers with staff in real-time.
Connecting people with the information they need
Developed by Foundry Healthcare, Lewes and GPnetworks
Designed by GP’s, Tempo is the only rostering platform that works in the complexity of primary care, making rotering easy & giving practices control of workforce and financial planning.
Tempo enables continual learning and the ability to properly plan weeks and years, improving patient outcomes, staff satisfaction and practice profit at the same time.
Enabling Practices PCN’s and Federations to work in collaboration.
Creating a single staff directory for clinical and non-clinical staff. Integrates externally employed and flexible staff.
Simple user job plans with contracted hours and pay rates for all staff.
Easy to use leave management with real-time tracking of leave, TOIL and overtime.
Create Teams to bring together any combination of staff for leave management and build leave rules for different weeks of the year.
Overtime reports, sickness reporting with Bradford factor calculation built in. HR docs and compliance management.
Foundry reduced avoidable GP appointments to 4.5%, reduced high user patient use of appointments from 40% to 30%, saved 12,500 hospital bed days, improved staff satisfaction and retention whilst improving partner profit levels to allow reinvestment in our staff.
Enabling Transformation in Primary Care
Tempo has been designed to make staff management and rotering easy and can connect rotas to demand & capacity planning. Tempo also saves time and money as you use it.
An independent AHSN evaluation of Foundry Healthcare includes a look at cost savings to the organisation as well as to the wider system. Tempo is the platform that enables Foundry to maximise the savings it can make.
Tempo enables savings for almost all aspects of operational management and, because it enables working at scale, the savings increase at scale.
Our on boarding program
Tempo – Right Patient Right Clinician Right Time
- Tempo is a rotering solution for Practices and PCNs that actually works !
- Created by Foundry PCN and GPnetworks, Tempo is a proven technology, endorsed by the AHSN
- Featured in the Fuller Stocktake and the Primary Care Access and Recovery Plan
- Tempo is potentially a lot more than a rotering solution
- Designed by GP’s for GP’s, Tempo is the only rostering platform that works in the complexity of today’s primary care
- Giving practices control of workforce and financial planning
- Insights and planning enables learning from this year to plan next year
- Improving patient outcomes, staff satisfaction and practice profit at the same time
- Enabling Practices PCN’s and Federations to work in collaboration
Time is precious
Save administration time
- Tempo brings together back-office functionality for individual staff, practices, primary care networks, GP federations, including capacity and skill mix planning, workforce and HR management, rostering and room coordination,
Reap the benefits of effective planning
- Business intelligence and financial management combined with integration with clinical system data provides meaningful insights into the impact of operational design on clinical outcomes and quality.
- Foundry reduced avoidable GP appointments to 4.5%, reduced high user patient use of appointments from 40 to 30% of appointments, saved 12,500 hospital bed days, improved staff satisfaction and retention whilst improving partner profit levels to allow reinvestment in our staff increasing staff pay.
Continuity of careIn a priority based patient care model
Sustainability of businessMaximise capacity, plan and analyse costs
Work-life balanceMaximise staff potential whilst providing flexible leave
Key operational benefits
Maximum intelligence at every point of interactionFor both managers and staff
Real-time communication driving actions & processesFor everyone
Maximum continuity of dataAcross all operational dimensions
Powerful change managementHandle change without stress
Multi-dimensional reportingDeep insights into spending & performance
Using Tempo to implement operational strategy
Tempo is good at providing a digital place to setup, run and manage practice operations. It covers all the bases and supports easy, fast rostering across all staff types, for any rota designs. It connects all managers and staff together into useful workflows and provides staff with an app, so they can keep connected with their activity anywhere.
Tempo helps operational managers progress quickly to the important ‘end points’ of their work:
- Collaborative management of leave and other time-off across a whole workforce
- Generating & distributing complex rosters and planning future rotas
- Calculating pay, overtime, TOIL and locum costs
- Calculating, tracking and maintaining staff leave & time-off entitlements, including bank holiday adjustments, TOIL and carry over
It does this by providing a series of simple screens to manage what’s important:
- Work plans (raw capacity)
- Pay rates
- Shift types
- Session types
Our easy-to-use platform provides your operational team with a unified place to capture important operational information, design operational output, distribute information, drive process and report on operational activity.
Transforming primary care: The Foundry model
“This approach has improved continuity of care, improved access to a range of services through partnership working, and better utilised additional roles, such as pharmacists, nurses, paramedics, physiotherapists, social workers and those working on behalf of the voluntary sector…
Foundry’s top 5% of frequent attenders only use 30% of GP consultations compared with 40% elsewhere, and it has reduced the number of appointments being ‘avoidable’ from 9% to 6.5% in late 2021[compared with average of 27% in other primary care services].”
– Fuller report
Clinical Director of Foundry PCN
GP Partner for 12 years
NHS Clinical Entrpreneur Programme Alumni
MD of Foundry PCN
Former CCG Accountable Officer & Chief Executive
30 years experience in senior NHS management
MBA from Cass Business School
Chair & NED supporting third sector organisations in healthcare
25 years experience developing digital & leading change
Co-Founder of GPnetworks, leading workforce solutions tool adopted across South East England
Find your home within the network
CREATE A CONNECTION WITH FOUNDRY
We build connections to share our ideas and learn from other organisations.
Get in touch with us about Tempo
If you are a GP practice with an existing account on the GPnetworks network or a new practice or PCN, wishing to start a conversation about Tempo, please use this form to reach out to us.
Safety & Security and IG
With Tempo your security is front and centre
Tempo uses no patient information and a minimal of PID for the staff of your organisation.
The bulk of Tempo data is generated by operational design and operational activity.
Tempo is compliant with modern NHS IG and Digital security standards.
On the technical side, we employ all best practice security methods, including patch management, log analysis, data retention and penetration testing and have a planned operational contingency policy.
More details are available on request
We also provide you with a ready-made, completed DPIA , to help with your IG side of things.
The System & safety
Having grown out of primary care we have a deep understanding of the importance of information governance and data security.
NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit standards met.
We have produced a template Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) for your assurance and for your Information Governance team to enable the smooth process of on boarding you onto our system.